Monday, June 23, 2014

22 Weeks


How Far Along: 22 weeks

Food Comparison: Spaghetti Squash (1 lb in weight and 11 inches long)

Weight Gain: 11 lbs according to my bathroom scale, but 16 lbs according to the scales at my midwife's office today

Maternity Clothes: Oh yeah. I'm working on accumulating some more maternity clothes now because it's about 75% of my wardrobe these days. 

Stretch Marks: No.


Sleep: I haven't slept well while sick this past week, but I can tell that my body is already adjusting to less sleep. I haven't felt as exhausted in the morning as I used to when I woke up several times a night. 


Best Moment of this week: Kory got to feel the movement in my belly for the first time. I also see my belly pulsing from the outside for the first time this week. 


Miss Anything: Cokes. I haven't given them up completely, but I find that I am craving them just about every day, several times a day. 


Movement: Lots of it! :) I feel it all day long instead of just when I'm laying down at night. It's still not really strong, but I know that will continue to happen as the weeks go by. 


Food Cravings: Hamburgers and potato chips are still the things that sound good pretty much all the time. Thankfully, watermelon has also joined that list. 


Anything making you queasy or sick: Not anything specifically. I do find that my gag reflex is incredibly sensitive and I can get sick from really small things like brushing my teeth, coughing, or when some food from an earlier meal comes out of my braces.  

Have you started to show yet: Most definitely. I think I will take this question off in the future because it will be an obvious yes for the next 18 weeks. 


Gender: All boy. That was confirmed at our ultrasound and anatomy scan today. 

Labor signs: None, though I did have my first contraction this week. It kind of freaked me out but I think it may have been because I got a little dehydrated while sick (I wasn't drinking as much water because swallowing hurt so bad). It actually felt pretty cool and didn't hurt at all...if only they could all be like that!


Belly button in or out: In. Kory had his shirt off the other day and I saw his belly button and was amazed at how deep it is! I think I've already forgotten what it looks like to not be so stretched and shallow.


Wedding ring on or off: On. It seems to be fitting well at this point. 


Happy or moody most of the time: Happy. The only times I've been moody are when the person bringing my food takes too long :) 


Looking forward to: Feeling more distinct movement and knowing a little better where he is in my belly. The ultrasound tech today helped me to figure out where he is and what body part of his I'm feeling move. 


I am annoyed by: my co-worker who asks me almost every single day if what I am wearing is new. I have told her that anything I am wearing that is maternity is new to me (obviously!) and that most everything I wear for the next few months will be because I'm bigger than I ever have been. It doesn't stop her though. I realize it's not the worst thing in the world, but it does drive me crazy. 

Weird symptoms: I have been getting a lot of nosebleeds! Just sneezing is enough to start one, so having allergies this past week has made it happen really frequently. 

I am surprised by: the fact that I don't eat ALL the time. I know, that might change...but, so far, I really haven't eaten as much as I thought I would. Kory commented the other day that he thought I'd be hungry all the time and eating as much as he does, but that really isn't the case. I do snack more often than before, but it really isn't like I imagined. 

No comments: