Two months! We've made it past the "survival stage" and things are really getting fun now! :)
Peter's two month appointment isn't for two more weeks (we've been off schedule from day one due to our infections/antibiotics/extended hospital stay), so I don't know his exact measurements, but these are my best guess using a tape measure and our bathroom scale.
Weight: 11.2 lbs.
Length: 22.5 in.
He started really smiling about 4.5 weeks and now he smiles ALL the time. Diaper changes are usually the best time to see them. Kory and I make fools of ourselves doing funny faces or voices so we can get some more of those gummy grins.
At 5.5 weeks, Peter rolled from his tummy to his back, but he's only done it once or twice since then. Honestly, that's probably due to me forgetting to make tummy time a regular occurrence more than anything else.
Our biggest accomplishment this month was dropping the nursing shield! We are headed to TX/NM for almost two weeks and the thought of having to keep up with those dang shields was motivation enough for me to wean him from using one. It was tough for a couple days but I'm so glad we don't need them anymore. He eats a lot quicker now and feedings are more pleasant for both of us.
Highlights of this month include:
- Staying in the nursery at church while Mom & Dad went into the service (where he slept the whole time)
- His 1st Christmas which was spent with friends who feel like family
- Lots of time at home cuddling and enjoying Dad being off work
- Watching a lot of football (including a Cowboys playoff win!)
I've learned this month that the exhaustion of motherhood (with a newborn/infant) isn't just about sleep deprivation. For me, it's more about the nonstop cycle of feed/burp/play/change/sleep and feeling like I *just* put him down sometimes and he wakes up and we do it all over again. I love my time with him and sometimes I even start to miss him when he's sleeping for hours at a time, but when I want to get something done or just take a break to watch a TV show or eat a meal in silence, it's hard to know the clock is ticking and it's about time to start this cycle again very soon.
1 comment:
Ahh! That smile.....I'm dying!
Post a Comment