Monday, October 27, 2014

40 Weeks





How Far Along: 40 Weeks

Food Comparison: Mini Pumpkin (Ultrasound today showed him weighing 8 lbs 11 oz, give or take 1/2 lb)

Weight Gain: 42 pounds

Maternity Clothes: I have very little clothing that fits at this point. Stretchy pajama pants and Kory's t-shirts are my friends.

Sleep: Compared to pre-pregnancy days, it's awful. Compared to life with a newborn, I am probably sleeping pretty well. :)

Miss Anything: I miss when things like putting on pants, getting out of a car, or turning over in bed were quick and pain-free.

Movement: Lots and lots of it and he is getting strong, so they aren't sweet and small movements like they used to be.

Food Cravings: Junk. I want lots of stuff that's bad for me and I am not really interested in fruits or veggies at all.

Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. 

Gender: Boy.

Belly button in or out: Out, but not by a lot.

Wedding ring on or off:  Been off for about a month now.

Happy or moody most of the time: Happy and excited!

Looking forward to: All of it. Labor, delivery, meeting Peter, seeing Kory as a dad, not being pregnant, being a mom.

Midwife says: I have progressed very little towards labor, but Peter and I are both healthy and doing great! We will go back to see her Thursday and talk about possible induction plans then. 


The sonographer also said we have a large-headed baby who is in the 85th percentile right now. We hope he's got a strong neck to support that giant noggin. :) 

Question of the week: Are you ready? 
Yes! We are ready on all levels, but we are not anxious or miserable. It was a great due date day for me anyway as I got my braces off today! My orthodontist was able to fulfill his promise of getting them off before I gave birth, so now Peter can come join us anytime! :)




#comeonPeter!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

So excited for you to meet sweet Peter!