Saturday, September 6, 2014

33 Weeks


(I am on a work trip this week so I had to take my own picture, after I was already in my pj's and remembered it was Monday.) 

How Far Along: 33 Weeks

Food Comparison: Pineapple (17 in and 4 lbs)

Weight Gain: I don't know. I never weigh myself except to answer this question. At my Appt last week I think I had gained 29 pounds? 

Maternity Clothes:  Shirts and dresses are getting shorter every day. As the weather gets cooler, I am thinking I can use long tank tops and leggings to make these maternity clothes work for a couple more months. I just hope it doesn't get too cool before he is born because all of my maternity stuff is for summer weather! 

Sleep:  Not great, but I feel like I am getting used to it, so I guess that's a good thing. I am not as exhausted as I was a few weeks ago, even though I am not sleeping much better. I assume it's just God's way of slowly preparing me for a newborn. 


Miss Anything: Laying on my back. Really miss it! I often daydream about getting to sleep on my back again...more than I daydream about meeting my baby :)


Movement:  He moves like crazy, until someone wants to feel him move and then he is perfectly still the entire time they have their hand on my stomach. 


Food Cravings: Burger King chicken sandwich, fries, and Hershey's pie. I want this every single day. (I don't have it every day, I just want to.)


Anything making you queasy or sick: Hunger. I have been snacking a lot more frequently lately but I still get hit with a wave of nausea at least once every single day and eating is the only thing that I can do to make it stop. 

Gender: Boy. Or that's what they tell me anyway. I will be in for a wild surprise if that's not true. 

Labor signs: None. I am especially thankful for that since I am currently in a hotel about 2 hours away from my husband and midwife :)


Belly button in or out: Just barely, barely out. 


Wedding ring on or off: On. I did have a scary moment when it got stuck last week, but it was 97 degrees that day and I was super swollen. My rings still fit normally otherwise. 


Happy or moody most of the time: Happy with a touch of easily irritated. 


Looking forward to: Working more in the nursery to get it organized and arranged. We should be getting our crib this week and I feel like having that put together will make this all a little more real! 

I want to remember: That people continue to tell me, "You are all belly. You haven't gained a pound anywhere else." I appreciate it; it's so nice to hear. It's just simply not true, but still so flattering. I mean, any woman who's ever been pregnant knows it can't be true, right? Is that just what you say because you know it's nice to hear? I obviously much prefer it to people telling me I am gigantic and huge and whale-like, but it is also really hard for me to just accept the compliment and not correct someone when they say it.  

I'm surprised by: how quickly this last trimester is going! A LOT of people told me these last few months would drag on and on. I know I still have 7 weeks to go, but it is going by so fast for me. I am sure the fact that I am still working and staying involved at church is a huge part of that, which only reaffirms my decisions about keeping busy and thinking about things other than this pregnancy. (I am taking time to rest, so don't worry about that.) 


No comments: