Friday, November 11, 2011

Lately...

We've been pretty busy around here with a lot of Fall things going on!

1. We're looking at houses to buy/build, so that's very fun and exciting (and a little scary)!

2. Kory is preaching at all 3 services at church this week (his first time preaching at Redeemer's) and also filmed a sweet video that goes along with the lesson, so that's been very time intensive.

3. We had a (stinking cool!) Halloween party for the youth group last week, which I hope to blog about soon. It was amazing!

4. I'm doing the lesson at youth group this week since Kory's preaching and been busy with that preparation.

5. Next weekend is our Fall Retreat and with everything else going on, it's kind of hit the back burner so it all has to be planned next week in about 4 days.

6. Youth group kids have athletic events we have been attending, Kory does a Bible Study for the boys every week, oh and I have this full-time job I also do 40 hours a week. And that job sent me to Salem for a couple days this week.

7. Good problem...but we have a lot of friends here and it's kind of hard trying to figure out when we'll have time to hang out with all of them. I am not complaining at all because I'm SO happy to finally have friends our age :) BUT, I feel kind of bad when a girl from church asks me to hang out and I have to tell her tonight that I'm scheduled two weeks out and we should be able to get together after Thanksgiving. That sounds kind of arrogant like I'm SO cool and popular. That's not really it...I'm just the new girl in town and so I'm trying really hard to build relationships and get to know people. With no family here, friendships are uber important.

8. We got our membership at the YMCA yesterday in an attempt to start working out again and get back into shape. It is not a myth that you gain weight after getting married. Sheesh! It happened far too quickly so we're going to work out instead of buying new, bigger pants! Though I do wonder when we think we're going to fit all these workouts into our schedule? Ideally we'd get up at 5:30 and go work out but that's insane in the membrane. Not happening in this household!

So yeah, that's our recent life. I know everyone is busy, (especially you who have kids!) but thankfully our busyness is FUN and we're loving life in Roseburg :)

No comments: